Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators // Our Fundraising Book
By now kids are back to school and teachers and librarians are beginning another year of sometimes one of the hardest jobs on earth.
Read Your World has always worked very hard to support teachers with free resources, free classroom kits, and free diverse books, but now we want to give YOU a way to help them as well! In 2017, we published its first-ever ebook filled with multicultural book resources and recommendations.
Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators is a “Best Of” list of diversity books lists for children contributed by 20 bloggers and 2 authors:
Alex Baugh of Randomly Reading
Amanda Boyarshinov of The Educators’ Spin On It
Erica Clark of What Do We Do All Day?
Rebecca Flansburg of Frantic Mommy
Anna Geiger of The Measured Mom
Svenja Gernand of Colours of Us
Michelle Goetzl of Books My Kids Read
Jennifer Hughes of The Jenny Evolution
MaryAnne Kochenderfer of Mama Smiles
Marie-Claude Leroux of Marie Pastiche
Katie Logonauts of The Logonauts
Stephanie Meade of InCultureParent
Katie Meadows of Youth Literature Reviews
Leanna Guillén Mora of All Done Monkey
Becky Morales of Kid World Citizen
Carrie Pericola of Crafty Moms Share
Jodie Rodriguez of Growing Book by Book
Melissa Taylor of Imagination Soup
Mia Wenjen of PragmaticMom
Uma Krishnaswami, author
Elsa Marston, author
Book Lists Covered by Multicultural Children’s Book Day ebook
Diversity in Children’s Books Presented as Everyday
- 50+ Picture Books About Mixed Race Families
- A Year of Multicultural Picture Books for the Global Child
- Top Ten Picture Books Featuring Diverse Characters
- Multicultural Books for Preschoolers
- Fairy Tales in Different Cultures
Book Lists for Kids by Geographic Region
- 12 West African Folk Tales
- Picture Books Around the World: Africa
- Antartica Book List
- Australia/Oceania Book List
- India Ink: A Completely Subjective Book List
- Travel to China with Books
- Picture Books About Japan
- 27 Books About the Arab World
- Day of the Dead Books
- Read Around the Continent: South America
- 20 Great Picture Books to Learn About Mexico
- Books for World Religions
- Jewish Books for Multicultural Children’s Book Day
- 16 Wonderful Ramadan Books for Kids of All Ages
- Best LGBT Books for Kids
- Learning Differences in Children’s Books
- Children’s Books About Disabilities
- Black History Month, Fiction and NonFiction
- Hispanic Heritage in California
- Top 10 Chinese New Year Books for Kids
- Top 10 Native American Children’s Books
Diversity by Genre
- Diverse Classic Picture Books
- Multicultural Chapter Books to Read This Summer
- Diversity Graphic Novels for the Middle Reader Girl
Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators is priced at $4.99 and is a fundraiser for Multicultural Children’s Book Day.
Again, but an ebook…help a teacher! One hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards donating books to teachers for their classroom libraries. In fact, for each book purchased, one book can be donated to a teacher!
p.s. We have other FREE resources to find diversity and multicultural books for kids!
- Check out our extensive list: Diversity Book Lists & Activities for Teachers and Parents.
- Classroom Kindness Kit
- We have a collaborative Pinterest board: Multicultural Books for Kids that is updated daily.
- Our 2018 FREE Classroom Empathy Kit is coming soon!