As our tenth Multicultural Children’s Book Day holiday approaches on Thursday, January 26, 2023, we are thrilled to have you as part of our amazing community of supporters! With enthusiasm, optimism, and hope, we are preparing for MCBD 2023 and hope you will once again join our celebration of diversity through children’s books.
During last year’s Twitter party a topic that came up often was children’s mental health as a result (or as a side effect) of the pandemic. This includes but is not limited to anxiety, depression, social isolation, sadness, pandemic fatigue, and mindfulness techniques: in other words, “surviving Covid-19.” We read your Twitter posts and your requests for mental health resources for kids. We listened, and now we’re happy to share with you this year’s classroom kit: Mental Health Support for Stressful Times.
In this classroom kit, you’ll find resources on
- Helping Kids be Mentally Strong Post-Pandemic
- A Weekly Self Care Checklist
- The Importance of Practicing Mindfulness
- What is Mindfulness? And How Teach Kids to be Mindful
- Mindfulness poster
- Children’s Book List on Mental Health Support During Stressful Times
- Mental Health Support During Stressful Times poster
Mental Health Support for Stressful Times
The MCBD Team has spent considerable time creating the resources for our Multicultural Children’s Book Day FREE Classroom Kit: Mental Health Support for Stressful Times
Within this free downloadable classroom kit, you will find:
- Books recommendations
- Activities for home or classroom
- Resource links
- Free downloadable and printer poster by Led Bradshaw
(Downloadable “kits” that focus on a relevant topic, a diverse booklist that supports that topic, and classroom-friendly activities that allow for deeper discussion and learning)
- Raising Awareness on Systemic Racism in America
- Activists and Activism
- Physical and Developmental Challenges Kit
Watch for the #ReadYourWorld hashtag on social media and share!
If you would like updates and notifications of future events, activities, and the next Multicultural Children’s Book Day, please sign up to receive our newsletters and email updates. Thank you!