What is a Multicultural Book?
- Books that contain characters of color as well as main characters that represent a marginalized point of view.
- Books that are written by an author of diversity or marginalized from their perspective.
- Books that share ideas, stories, and information about cultures, race, religion, language, and traditions.
- Books that embrace disability including “hidden disabilities” such as ADHD, ADD, and anxiety.
- Books that show readers what is POSSIBLE — such as a book that shows an Asian child as an astronaut, a child from Sudan as an actress, or a biracial child as a world leader.