“Where’s my diverse book?”
“My book review is ready, what now?”
We are getting a lot of these types of questions lately and we TOTALLY get it. So here is some info that will help everyone navigate both:
If Your Review Book for MCBD is MIA
MCBD2021 is not far off and we are aware that some reviewers still:
- *need a book to review
- *their assigned book hasn’t arrived
- *feel they were not assigned a book yet
Please keep in mind that mail delivery is painfully slow these days. If you are still waiting for a physical copy of your assigned book, ask your publisher/author if they can send you a PDF version to review until your hardcopy arrives.
If you feel you haven’t been assigned to a book yet, here are two things you can do:
- Check your spam folder for an email from RebeccaFlansburg@gmail.com with the subject line of Your Assigned Book for MCBD2021.
- To get a diverse book to review, visit our Facebook Group ASAP. We’ve created a thread called “Matchmaking” where authors can share that they are looking for book reviewers and vice-versa.
This group has grown to 2,000+ members and is a great mix of parents, caregivers, influencers, book reviewers, authors, publishers, educators, and librarians. If you are not a member, Feel free to join and we will add you 🙂
IMPORTANT: The “Matchmaking” option is a completely “hands-off” offering for the MCBD Team: reviewers choosing this option are responsible for connecting via DM or email.
My Review is Ready to Go, But I Am Confused
- Create a review of the book you were assigned on your Blog (if you have one) and your Instagram or Facebook Page (or both).
- Then you need to include as much of the mandatory details (attached) as possible. The most important pieces of the mandatory details are the lists of the Medallion and author Sponsors and our hashtag: #ReadYourWorld.
- You can post your book review on social media anytime between now and 1/29–but if possible we’d like you to share it as close to 1/29 as possible because it helps elevate our buzz!
- An additional tweet or two about the book you reviewed (or the event itself) on Twitter would be much appreciated as well. Don’t forget to use #ReadYourWorld so we can find you and share.
- If your author/book is on Amazon, a review there would be welcomed too. Just do the Amazon review like you would any other review (don’t include any of MCBD’s details).
Examples of Past Reviews
MCBD Reviewer Instructions and Image can be found here:
On 1/29/21, everyone is asked to link up their reviews on our Big Giant Linky to create a huge resource that lives on our website forever (go here and scroll down to see the 2020 Linky).
Don’t forget to connect with us on social media and be sure and look for/use our official hashtag #ReadYourWorld.
We hope this helps! We know it is sometimes frustrating, but this has been a challenging 12+ months for all of us!
MCBD 2021 is honored to be Supported by these Medallion Sponsors!
Bronze Sponsors: Agatha Rodi and AMELIE is IMPRESSED!, Barnes Brothers Books, Create and Educate Solutions, LLC, Dreambuilt Books, Dyesha and Triesha McCants/McCants Squared, Redfin Real Estate, Snowflake Stories, Star Bright Books, TimTimTom Bilingual Personalized Books, Author Vivian Kirkfield, Wisdom Tales Press, My Well Read Child
MCBD 2021 is honored to be Supported by these Author Sponsors!
Poster Artist: Nat Iwata
Authors: Author Afsaneh Moradian, Author Alva Sachs & Three Wishes Publishing Company, Author Angeliki Stamatopoulou-Pedersen, Author Anna Olswanger, Author Casey Bell , Author Claudine Norden, Author Debbie Dadey, Author Diana Huang & Intrepids, Author Eugenia Chu & Brandon goes to Beijing, Green Kids Club, Author Gwen Jackson, Author Janet Balletta, Author Josh Funk, Author Julia Inserro, Karter Johnson & Popcorn and Books, Author Kathleen Burkinshaw & The Last Cherry Blossom, Author Keila Dawson, Maya/Neel Adventures with Culture Groove, Author Mia Wenjen, Michael Genhart, Nancy Tupper Ling, Author Natalie Murray, Natalie McDonald-Perkins, Author Natasha Yim, Author Phe Lang and Me On The Page Publishing, Sandra Elaine Scott, Author Shoumi Sen & From The Toddler Diaries, SISSY GOES TINY by Rebecca Flansburg and B.A. Norrgard, Susan Schaefer Bernardo & Illustrator Courtenay Fletcher, Tales of the Five Enchanted Mermaids, Author Theresa Mackiewicz, Tonya Duncan and the Sophie Washington Book Series, Author Toshia Stelivan, Valerie Williams-Sanchez & The Cocoa Kids Collection Books©, Author Vanessa Womack, MBA, Author Veronica Appleton & the Journey to Appleville book series
MCBD 2021 is Honored to be Supported by our CoHosts and Global CoHosts!
MCBD 2021 is Honored to be Supported by these Media Partners!
Check out MCBD’s Multicultural Books for Kids Pinterest Board!
FREE RESOURCES from Multicultural Children’s Book Day
TWITTER PARTY! Register here!
Join us on Friday, Jan 29, 2021, at 9 pm EST for the 8th annual Multicultural Children’s Book Day Twitter Party!
This epically fun and fast-paced hour includes multicultural book discussions, addressing timely issues, diverse book recommendations, & reading ideas.
We will be giving away an 8-Book Bundle every 5 minutes plus Bonus Prizes as well! *** US and Global participants welcome. **
Follow the hashtag #ReadYourWorld to join the conversation, connect with like-minded parts, authors, publishers, educators, organizations, and librarians. See you all very soon on Twitter!
Hashtag: Don’t forget to connect with us on social media and be sure and look for/use our official hashtag #ReadYourWorld.