Planning for MCBD2019 is already underway and we can’t help being in awe as to how far this non-profit initiative has come.
Mission: Raise awareness for children’s books that celebrate diversity by getting more of these books into classrooms and libraries. Multicultural Children’s Book Day is celebrated on the last Friday of January. 2019 will be our 6th year and in the last two years, the event has pulled in over 3 billion social media share impressions in three days (day before, day of, and day after) and our Twitter Party on the day of the celebration always trends.
From October through February, Multicultural Children’s Book Day is especially active on social media and the buzz surrounding this event gets national even global support and recognition. The whirlwind that is Multicultural Children’s Book Day is a proven way to get books into the hands of young readers while also raising awareness with parents, caregivers, teachers, and librarians.
Medallion Level Sponsorship options will be available by September 1, 2018…but in the meantime…
…back by popular demand is our MCBD 2019 Author Sponsorship July Flash Sale!
We know Author Sponsorship is an amazing and powerful way for Authors to get visibility and readership for their work. Last year’s July Flash Sale was huge success and authors and publisher appreciated the cost savings. It’s also a great way to get an Author Sponsorship for 2019 at 2017 prices!
MCBD 2019 Author Sponsorship July Flash Sale!
Currently, the Author Sponsorship option for the 1/25/19 event is $129…but during the month of July, supporters can enjoy a flashback price of $80. (Sale ends July 31, 2018).
Recognizing all of the wonderful authors and illustrators that bring multicultural children’s books to life is very important to us. As a way of acknowledging their work and shining the spotlight on specific authors, the MCBD Team has created a very special sponsorship option.
- A 300x 300 image of your book cover, book description and links to your site from our specialAuthors/Illustrators Page. Take a peek at last years’ Author Sponsors HERE.
- 3 Tweets, 1 Instagram update, and 1 Facebook update that direct readers to Authors/Illustrators Page and includes a book image, title and our highly searchable official hashtag of #ReadYourWorld.
- Instant access to our vibrant and private Facebook Group that is 1,000+ members strong.
- A sponsor must commit to providing at least 2-3 books for review bloggers and 2 for donation to our Free Books for Classrooms Project (mailed by the Author Level Sponsor).
What Are We Doing to Get The Word Out (on ALL levels of Sponsorship)?
- Via Social Media Reach of Co-Creators: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and blogs.
- Via additional Social Media Reach of our CoHosts, authors, publishers and participating children’s book bloggers (to be updated as bloggers commit).
- Traditional PR outreach: National, print and digital publications.
- Promotion of this event will begin months in advance as we announce sponsors, promotions, review bloggers and other event details, and lead up to the event on the last Friday of January.
- Via the new MulticulturalChildrensBookDay.com website that will have its own robust editorial calendar.
- Via collaborations with notable children’s literacy organizations like The Children’s Book Council, Conscious Kid, and Scholastic.
Take a peek at last years’ Author Sponsors HERE.
As always, all Sponsorship levels will be available (at full price) September 1, 2018….so don’t delay on scoring this deal on the Author Sponsorship level! After checkout, you will be redirected to a Thank You page where you will be able to download our Author Sponsorship Intake Form.
Are you ready? Are you ready to be part of an online event that promotes diversity in children’s books and gives your work unmatchable visibility and reach? We’d LOVE to have you be part of the MCBD2018 Event. Sign up below to be among the first to know when this sale goes LIVE!