Lee & Low Books has been a supporter of MCBD since Day One.
And we REALLY appreciate them for that!
LEE & LOW BOOKS has been on the forefront of this push for children’s books to reflect the diversity in the world around us. Their published works reflect the bias in non-fiction and puts forth options of heroes of color for children of all colors!
Lee & Low Books is the largest multicultural children’s book publisher in the United States. Their award-winning books are about everyone, for everyone.
LEE & LOW BOOKS is the largest multicultural children’s book publisher in the country, and one of the few minority-owned publishing companies in the United States. They offer books for all young readers, from leveled books for beginning readers through middle grade and young adult novels. They also publish several bilingual books, as well as books in other languages. Our books reflect the diversity and richness of the United States. LEE & LOW BOOKS is more than just a publisher: it is a leader in the movement for more diversity in literature.
More examples of exceptional books from Lee& Low
Ira’s Shakespeare Dream by Glenda Armand, illus. by Floyd Cooper
Maya’s Blanket by Monica Brown, illus. by David Diaz
Amazing Places anthology, edited by Lee Bennett Hopkins, illus. by Christy Hale and Chris Soentpiet
The Story I’ll Tell by Nancy Tupper Ling, illus. by Jessica Lanan
Trail of the Dead by Joseph Bruchac
Awards! Lee and Low books have won several major awards including:
- Coretta Scott King Award (American Library Association)
- Pura Belpré Award (American Library Association)
- Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature (American Library Association)
- ALA Notable Children’s Books (American Library Association)
- Jane Addams Children’s Book Award (Jane Addams Peace Association)
- “Choices” List (Cooperative Children’s Book Center)
- Carter G. Woodson Award (National Council for the Social Studies)
- Texas Bluebonnet Award (Texas Library Association)
- Ezra Jack Keats Book Award (Ezra Jack Keats Foundation)
- NAACP Image Award (NAACP)
Looking for Kindness Classroom books and activities for your students?
Multicultural Children’s Book Day’s Downloadable Kindness Classroom Kit for Educators, Caregivers and Homeschoolers is OUR gift to YOU.
Our FREE Classroom Kindness Kit from Multicultural Children’s Book Day includes:
– Diversity Kindness books for ages 4-12
– Classroom Kindness activities, both quick and project based
– Be A Hero Be Kind poster by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
– Multicultural Children’s Book Day poster by DEMI
Go here to download and Be Kind, Be a Hero today!
If you would like updates and notifications of future event, activities and Multicultural Children’s Book Day 2017, please sign up to receive our newsletters and email updates. Thank you!