January 26, 2023, will mark the 10th year of Multicultural Children’s Book Day’s (MCBD) quest to get culturally diverse books into the hands of children, parents, teachers, and librarians.
THANKS TO BOOK DONATORS LIKE YOU, this non-profit initiative can continue its mission of getting diverse and multicultural books into the hands of young readers and into classrooms.
As you may already know, Multicultural Children’s Book Day (MCBD) is an online and offline celebration that attracts thousands of supporters, educators, parents, caregivers, book reviewers, and quality authors and publishers who join forces to shine the spotlight on diversity in children and YA literature.
Celebrated annually on the last Friday in January, this global non-profit offers a plethora of free resources, teaching tools, booklists, downloads, and a year-round initiative to get multicultural and diverse books into the hands of young readers. To date, we have donated over 8,000 books to underserved kids, classrooms, and organizations, and that number continues to climb. We appreciate you!!
MCBD BOOK DONATION INFORMATION
Are you a publisher or an author of multicultural books for children? Would you like to donate a book for Multicultural Children’s Book Day?
There are two ways you can donate!
1) You can sign up to donate books for our Book Matching Program (to be matched with a reviewer). Just click on the link below or on the image.
2) You can donate books that will ultimately end up in the hands of deserving teachers, librarians, parents, and young readers! These donated books will be gifted to young readers, parents, and educators. There is no guarantee your donated book will be reviewed during the event. Just click on the link below or on the image.
What happens to the one book I send to MCBD?
Any diverse books that are generously donated to this non-profit are used for giveaways, donations to underserved organizations, Twitter Party Prizes (heavily attended by educators), and our FREE Diverse Books for Classrooms Project. Your information will not be sold or shared with any non-MCBD personnel unless approved by the donator.
All donators of review copies will be recognized on the Multicultural Children’s Book Day site within the final Sponsorship report.
**If you have questions about Multicultural Children’s Book Day, how to get involved, or how to get free books for your school or classroom, email Frances at Admin (at) MulticulturalChildrensBookDay (dot) com **
Questions? Contact us at Admin (at) MulticulturalChildrensBookDay (dot) com
**The MCBD Team retains the right to refuse any book that does not meet the event standards.
What is a multicultural children’s book?
- Books that contain characters of color as well as characters that represent a minority point of view. Children need to “find themselves” within the pages of the books they read.
- Books that share ideas, stories, and information about cultures, races, religions, languages, and traditions.
- Books that embrace our world and offer children new ways to connect to a diverse and richer world.