Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators is a “Best Of” list of diversity books lists for children contributed by 20 bloggers and 2 authors:
Alex Baugh of Randomly Reading
Amanda Boyarshinov of The Educators’ Spin On It
Valarie Budayr of Jump Into a Book
Erica Clark of What Do We Do All Day?
Rebecca Flansburg of Frantic Mommy
Anna Geiger of The Measured Mom
Svenja Gernand of Colours of Us
Michelle Goetzl of Books My Kids Read
Jennifer Hughes of The Jenny Evolution
MaryAnne Kochenderfer of Mama Smiles
Marie-Claude Leroux of Marie Pastiche
Katie Logonauts of The Logonauts
Stephanie Meade of InCultureParent
Katie Meadows of Youth Literature Reviews
Leanna Guillén Mora of All Done Monkey
Becky Morales of Kid World Citizen
Carrie Pericola of Crafty Moms Share
Jodie Rodriguez of Growing Book by Book
Melissa Taylor of Imagination Soup
Mia Wenjen of PragmaticMom
Uma Krishnaswami, author
Elsa Marston, author
Book Lists Covered by Multicultural Children’s Book Day ebook
Diversity in Children’s Books Presented as Everyday
- 50+ Picture Books About Mixed Race Families
- A Year of Multicultural Picture Books for the Global Child
- Top Ten Picture Books Featuring Diverse Characters
- Multicultural Books for Preschoolers
- Fairy Tales in Different Cultures
Book Lists for Kids by Geographic Region
- 12 West African Folk Tales
- Picture Books Around the World: Africa
- Antartica Book List
- Australia/Oceania Book List
- India Ink: A Completely Subjective Book List
- Travel to China with Books
- Picture Books About Japan
- 27 Books About the Arab World
- Day of the Dead Books
- Read Around the Continent: South America
- 20 Great Picture Books to Learn About Mexico
- Books for World Religions
- Jewish Books for Multicultural Children’s Book Day
- 16 Wonderful Ramadan Books for Kids of All Ages
- Best LGBT Books for Kids
- Learning Differences in Children’s Books
- Children’s Books About Disabilities
- Black History Month, Fiction and NonFiction
- Hispanic Heritage in California
- Top 10 Chinese New Year Books for Kids
- Top 10 Native American Children’s Books
Diversity by Genre
- Diverse Classic Picture Books
- Multicultural Chapter Books to Read This Summer
- Diversity Graphic Novels for the Middle Reader Girl
After January 31st, Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators will be priced at $4.99. This is a fundraiser for Multicultural Children’s Book Day.
One hundred percent of proceeds will go towards donating books to teachers for their classroom libraries. In fact, for each book purchased, one book can be donated to a teacher!
For FREE books, please be sure to come to our Twitter Party on January 27th from 9pm to 10pm EST. Use hashtag #ReadYourWorld. We will be giving away diversity children’s book bundles every six minutes! RSVP here.
We are also doing a diversity book series with the Children’s Book Council: #ReadYourWorld Book Jam 2017. Twenty-four authors and illustrators have created a diversity book list and twenty-three of them are giving away their book!
Thank you to everyone for their support!
p.s. We have other FREE resources to find diversity and multicultural books for kids!
- Check out our extensive list: Diversity Book Lists & Activities for Teachers and Parents.
- Classroom Kindness Kit
- We have a collaborative Pinterest board: Multicultural Books for Kids that is updated daily.