SO, if you are a publisher or an author of multicultural books for children, and you would like to get your book into the hands of deserving teachers, librarians, parents, and young readers, HERE’s HOW.
How to donate a book to Multicultural Children’s Book Day
Any diverse books that are generously donated to this non-profit are used for giveaways, donations to underserved organizations, Twitter Party Prizes (heavily attended by educators), and our FREE Diverse Books for Classrooms Project.
Your information will not be sold or shared with any non-MCBD personnel unless approved by the donator.
All donators of review copies will be recognized on the Multicultural Children’s Book Day site and within the final Sponsorship report.
NOTE: These donated books will be gifted to young readers, parents, and educators. There is no guarantee your donated book will be reviewed during the event.
****The address of where to send your books is included in the below Google Sign-up Form.
1. Book Donation: Creators can donate books that will be reviewed and shared on social media.
2. Sponsorships: Sponsorships are directly connected to the yearly celebration itself and are a great way to tap into the hundreds-of-thousands of views our social media channels get from November to February 1. We have sponsorships at a variety of price points to fit any budget. All levels of Sponsorships for MCBD 2021 will open up September 1.
3. Do a Social Shout Out for your book or Favorite Author’s Book: Shout Outs are a one-time social media push on an author/diverse book’s behalf. Our Social Shout Outs are available all year long and act as a fundraiser for our Free Books for Classrooms Project. See samples of how awesome our Social Shout Out images look HERE.
4. Join our Exclusive MCBD Facebook Group: This group is a nice mix of parents, book reviewers, teachers, and authors, so you will be able to connect with like-minded people!
5. Be a Book Reviewer: We are always looking for people who would love a free diverse book in exchange for an honest review on social media during the month of January. If this is something you are interested in, subscribe to the MCBD blog and we will let you know as soon as the reviewer sign up is open September 1.
6. Be an Ambassador and Connector:
7. Follow Us and Support Us on Social Media: Our Official hashtag for this event is #ReadYourWorld!
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MulticulturalChildrensBookDay
– Twitter https://twitter.com/MCChildsBookDay
-Reminder: The hashtag for this event is #ReadYourWorld
***Support the diverse children’s literacy initiative Multicultural Children’s Book Day! Our 8th celebration will take place on January 29, 2021. Creators can donate books that will be reviewed and shared on social media. We also have sponsorships at a variety of price points