My name is Yvette and I am the author and illustrator of 2 childrens’ books – Gus the Traveler & I Want To Be. As an educator by profession, I have also written short stories, poems & educational papers.
I am very happy and thankful to contribute with this post as a guest of MCBD blog.
There are many rich and beautiful multicultural books, all sharing wonderful, meaningful messages, and/or inspirational stories. As a book lover, I have created over the years my own personal home based library. Today I want to share with all of you 5 book suggestions which make up part of my treasured library.
1. Red is Dragon by Roseanne Thong – This beautiful book exposes kids to colors, where they can learn about the Chinese-American culture. This book can’t miss being part of your personal library.
2. I Love my hair by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley – The book not only makes young black children appreciate and feel proud of their heritage but also makes them feel good about their special hair. Simply love this book!
3. Book Fiesta by Pat Mora – This is a happy book to celebrate with children on El dia de los niños (Children’s day) This book is a must have if you have an interest in learning Spanish.
4. Yumi by Annelore Parot – The book invites you to know facts about Japanese culture like kimonos, sushi and fish kites. The illustrations are amazing. This is one of my many favorite books.
5. I WANT TO BE by Yvette Pais – “Today kids receive a diverse education covering many areas of knowledge. Their time in school involves what they will do for the rest of their lives. Hence it is important for them to understand from an early age that hey can choose whatever they want to be.
This book is about motivating kids to explore various career choices. It helps kids answer the age old question: What do you want to be when you grow up.”
This is my 2nd book for children aged 4 – 7 which is now available on Amazon.com & includes a brief synopsis.
Wishing you all a successful 2017 and Happy Reading!
To learn more, please visit her site mercadolivros.net.br and follow her on instagram @mercadolivros
**some of these links are affiliate links. This means if you click through and buy, MCBD gets a tiny commission. We use these proceeds to fund our mission of getting books into the hands of young readers!
Looking for Kindness Classroom books and activities for your students?
Multicultural Children’s Book Day’s Downloadable Kindness Classroom Kit for Educators, Caregivers and Homeschoolers is OUR gift to YOU.
Our FREE Classroom Kindness Kit from Multicultural Children’s Book Day includes:
– Diversity Kindness books for ages 4-12
– Classroom Kindness activities, both quick and project based
– Be A Hero Be Kind poster by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
– Multicultural Children’s Book Day poster by DEMI
Go here to download and Be Kind, Be a Hero today!