Our mission is to not only raise awareness for the kid’s books that celebrate diversity, but to get more of these of books into classrooms and libraries.
This is an official call out to all multicultural children’s book authors! There are huge benefits for authors who participate in Multicultural Children’s Book Day by either sponsoring the event, or donating copies of their books to our vast pool of children’s book review bloggers who are standing by and ready to review books all month long leading up to the event. For those authors who are interested in purchasing an Author Sponsorship here are some benefits and perks:
- Mia and I are providing an “in” with their readership and demographic and will be promoting sponsors via name mention, products or service in a new and fresh way. These P.R methods include guest blogging, social media and press releases; sponsors will be mentioned in all P.R methods whenever possible. We will be doing countless blog posts on the new MCCBD site before and during the event and all sponsors will be mentioned as part of the posts as well.
- We are collaborating with The Children’s Book Council and First Book in various ways and will be tapping into their reach and readership to spread the word about the 1/27/15 event.
- For MCCBD 2015 we will also be implementing advanced tracking and social media analytics for more defined information and feedback for our sponsors. For our 2015 event, Multicultural Children’s Book Day site has a brand new, stand-alone site allowing the MCCBD Team to give deeper details and easier to find information about our sponsors, our mission and other valuable information for multicultural book lovers. All sponsors will be listed either on the sidebar of the site, or on a specific Sponsor page. You can view the new site HERE.
- Another effective way for you to participate as an author is to donate review copies of your multicultural children’s book to our pool of review bloggers. NOTE: All books provided to our review bloggers for the event need to be approved by our Book Review Panel. For a more specific description of a “multicultural children’s book,” go HERE.
- Currently we have over 100 established bloggers who will be matched with authors and publishers to provide a review of your book. All book review blog posts will be compiled the day of the event in a huge Linky Party that doubles as a reading list for parents, teachers, caregivers and libraries that can be viewed and pulled from all year long.
NOW…..ON TO THE BLOGGERS!
We are still very interested in connecting with established bloggers who are willing to review books for the MCCBD event. Sign-up will be closing very soon (January 8th) so we can begin the matching process and start getting books into the hands of reviewers. To view more details or sign up to be one of our children’s book reviewers, go HERE.
Thank you for your continued support of this important event!
Follow PragmaticMom’s board Multicultural Books for Kids on Pinterest.
April Crews says
I applied to be a sponsor blogger but haven’t heard back? How do I sign up?
Oh no! Did we have admin glitch! I’ll get you added!