READ YOUR WORLD BOOK DONATION INFORMATION
Are you a publisher or an author of multicultural books for children? Would you like to donate a book for Read Your World’s annual celebration?
There are two ways you can donate:
1) You can sign up to donate books for our Book Matching Program to be matched with a reviewer. Just click on the link below or on the image.
2) You can donate books that will ultimately end up in the hands of deserving teachers, librarians, parents, and young readers! These donated books will be gifted to young readers, parents, and educators. There is no guarantee your donated book will be reviewed during the event. Just click on the link below or on the image.
What happens to the one book I send to MCBD?
Any diverse books that are generously donated to this non-profit are used for giveaways, donations to underserved organizations, Twitter Party Prizes (heavily attended by educators), and our FREE Diverse Books for Classrooms Project. Your information will not be sold or shared with any non-MCBD personnel unless approved by the donator.
**We retain the right to refuse any book that does not meet the event standards.
What is a multicultural children’s book?
- Books that contain characters of color as well as characters that represent a minority point of view. Children need to “find themselves” within the pages of the books they read.
- Books that share ideas, stories, and information about cultures, races, religions, languages, and traditions.
- Books that embrace our world and offer children new ways to connect to a diverse and richer world.
If you have questions about Read Your World, how to get involved, or how to get free books for your school or classroom, email us at Admin (at) MulticulturalChildrensBookDay (dot) com.