NOTE! All book donation opportunities for MCBD2017 will be CLOSING January 6th, 2017!
MCCBD 2017 BOOK DONATION INFORMATION
Are you a publisher or an author of multicultural books for children? Would you like to donate a book for Multicultural Children’s Book Day? These books will ultimately end up in the hands of deserving teachers, librarians, parents and young readers!
What We Need from You:
If you would like your multicultural children’s book to be considered for this 1/27 online event, please mail the MCCBD team one copy of your book . Additional copies will need to be mailed by you once you are assigned review bloggers in November/December.
The MCBD Team needs to receive a sample/donation copy of your book by my later than December, 31, 2016.
Copies can be mailed to:
PO Box 2814
Baxter MN 56425
**Please include your name and a contact # in case we have any question inside your shipping envelope.
If your book fits the MCCBD criteria (see below for “What is a Multicultural Book) The Form below will help us identify you and get an idea of how many books you are donating to review bloggers.
- The matching process occurs in late November/early December and the MCCBD team will supply you with names and addresses of review bloggers so you can mail a copy of a book to each one (if you donate 5 copies-we will try our best to match your books with five different reviewers).
- These review bloggers will in turn read and review your book on their blog any time between the date they received the book to 1/27.
- These donated books will be gifted to young readers, parents and educators. There is no guarantee your donated book will be reviewed during the event.
- On Jan 27, everyone links up their review post to create a huge reading resource for parents, teachers and librarians.
- Massive social media efforts are a big part of the success of this event. All MCCBD team members, CoHosts and review bloggers will be using their own social media influence to share details of your book with the online world. Last year we received over 96 Million Social Media Impressions!
What happens to the one book I send to MCCBD?
These sample books will be used in book bundles to parents, teachers and classrooms. All donators of review copies will be recognized on the Multicultural Children’s Book Day site and within the final Sponsorship report.
NOTE:These donated books will be gifted to young readers, parents and educators. There is no guarantee your donated book will be reviewed during the event.
The address of where to send your books for approval is included in the below Google Sign-up Form.
Questions? Contact the MCCBD Project Manager at Becky@MulticulturalChildrensBookDay.com
**The MCCBD Team retains the right to refuse any book that does not meet the event standards.
Multicultural Children’s Book Day: What is a Multicultural Book?
- Books that contain characters of color as well as characters that represent a minority point of view. Children need to “find themselves” within the pages of the books they read.
- Books that share ideas, stories and information about cultures, race, religion, language and traditions.
- Books that embrace our world and offer children new ways to connect to a diverse and richer world.