**The posts we write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.**
First conceived by author Rita Toews more than nine years ago as a response to the stagnant acceptance of electronic reading, Read An E-Book Week has slowly built a strong international following among digitally published authors and readers alike.
This year’s event, which began March 5th and carried through to March 11th, brought authors from eleven countries together for a week of e-reading. Many organizations continue to celebrate this event all month-long with e-book reading events and activities.
Read an E-Book Week works to educate and inform the public about the pleasures and advantages of reading electronically. Authors, publishers, vendors, the media and readers world-wide join in the effort to spread the love of e-books with families everywhere. Read more about the history of this event and the history of e-books HERE.
What better ebook to share than the one myself, my team members and MCBD Co-Founders (along with some pretty amazing bloggers and children’s literacy advocates) created ourselves!
Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators is a “Best Of” list of diversity books lists for children contributed by 20 bloggers and 2 authors:
Alex Baugh of Randomly Reading
Amanda Boyarshinov of The Educators’ Spin On It
Valarie Budayr of Jump Into a Book
Erica Clark of What Do We Do All Day?
Rebecca Flansburg of Frantic Mommy
Anna Geiger of The Measured Mom
Svenja Gernand of Colours of Us
Michelle Goetzl of Books My Kids Read
Jennifer Hughes of The Jenny Evolution
MaryAnne Kochenderfer of Mama Smiles
Marie-Claude Leroux of Marie Pastiche
Katie Logonauts of The Logonauts
Stephanie Meade of InCultureParent
Katie Meadows of Youth Literature Reviews
Leanna Guillén Mora of All Done Monkey
Becky Morales of Kid World Citizen
Carrie Pericola of Crafty Moms Share
Jodie Rodriguez of Growing Book by Book
Melissa Taylor of Imagination Soup
Mia Wenjen of PragmaticMom
Uma Krishnaswami, author
Elsa Marston, author
Book Lists Covered by Multicultural Children’s Book Day ebook
Diversity in Children’s Books Presented as Everyday
- 50+ Picture Books About Mixed Race Families
- A Year of Multicultural Picture Books for the Global Child
- Top Ten Picture Books Featuring Diverse Characters
- Multicultural Books for Preschoolers
- Fairy Tales in Different Cultures
Book Lists for Kids by Geographic Region
- 12 West African Folk Tales
- Picture Books Around the World: Africa
- Antartica Book List
- Australia/Oceania Book List
- India Ink: A Completely Subjective Book List
- Travel to China with Books
- Picture Books About Japan
- 27 Books About the Arab World
- Day of the Dead Books
- Read Around the Continent: South America
- 20 Great Picture Books to Learn About Mexico
- Books for World Religions
- Jewish Books for Multicultural Children’s Book Day
- 16 Wonderful Ramadan Books for Kids of All Ages
- Best LGBT Books for Kids
- Learning Differences in Children’s Books
- Children’s Books About Disabilities
- Black History Month, Fiction and NonFiction
- Hispanic Heritage in California
- Top 10 Chinese New Year Books for Kids
- Top 10 Native American Children’s Books
Diversity by Genre
- Diverse Classic Picture Books
- Multicultural Chapter Books to Read This Summer
- Diversity Graphic Novels for the Middle Reader Girl
The, Read Your World: A Guide to Multicultural Children’s Books for Parents and Educators will be priced at $4.99. This is a fundraiser for Multicultural Children’s Book Day.
One hundred percent of proceeds will go towards donating books to teachers for their classroom libraries.
In fact, for each book purchased, one book can be donated to a teacher!
Thank you to everyone for their support and please celebrate this very special week with a very special ebook that supports a good cause. Grab your copy HERE.
p.s. We have other FREE resources to find diversity and multicultural books for kids!
- Check out our extensive list: Diversity Book Lists & Activities for Teachers and Parents.
- Classroom Kindness Kit
- We have a collaborative Pinterest board: Multicultural Books for Kids that is updated daily.